- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Deli Service Associate
DEPARTMENT: Prepared Food FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Deli Manager TYPE: Full-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
The Deli Service department is one of the major faces of the Market—staff has direct contact with our guests all day long, every day. The department’s primary objective is to provide outstanding service for our prepared food, bakery and coffee items. Our second primary objective is to merchandise our prepared foods, bakery and coffee items with WFM style. And our third objective is to perform both great service and great merchandising with a team-oriented approach and a positive attitude and spirit each and every day.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Serving guests our great coffee and food
- Making of specialty coffee drinks and drip coffee,
- Servicing the bakery cases (cookies, pastry and the like)
- Servicing our takeaway, grab and go prepared food and sandwich operation.
- Working at any of 4 possible stations: Barista/coffee making, bakery service and merchandising, middle case/prepared food service and merchandising and cheese/provisions stocking, packing and bulking.
- Coffee: Making espresso drinks to order; making drip coffee.
- Bakery Service: Serving bakery items to guests and writing the correct code on boxes and containers.
- Prepared Food Service: Serving premade or prepackaged items such as deli salads directly to customers.
- Filling and merchandise deli case.
- Cheese Service: Prepacking cheeses and provisions items like olives, bulk cheeses and the like.
- Following very specific procedures and policies, such as using correct containers for different foods
- Effective communications with the kitchen, bakery and cheese crew
- Adhering to food handling safety and sanitation protocols.
- Understanding appropriate application of PLU numbers and scaling procedures.
- Mopping, sweeping, cleaning deli and other store areas
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 16 or older
1 – 2 years’ work experience in retail or food is helpful, but not required
Must love coffee!
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Coffee/barista skills are a huge plus!