- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Dishwasher EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/14/2022
DEPARTMENT: Kitchen FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Prep Food Leader TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
Our dishwashers keep our kitchen humming like a well-oiled machine. They are incredibly important to the operation. Without great ones, our kitchen grinds to a halt. We treat everyone with dignity and respect—and our dishwashers are no exception.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Receive and store supplies
- Wash dishes, pots, and pans, using dishwashers or by hand
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving
- Sort and remove trash and recycling, placing it in designated pickup areas
- Clean garbage cans
- Sweep and scrub floors
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition
- Safely operate commercial dishwasher.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and sanitation
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be at least 16 years or older
No experience required
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Experience in dishwashing, but no worries if you don’t. This is a great place to get to learn all about it!