- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Grocery Associate EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/14/2022
DEPARTMENT: Grocery FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Grocery Manager TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
Our mission is to provide our customers with the best selection of quality delicious, interesting products that we feel great about; to offer these products at the best price that we can; to promote customer education through extensive sampling and informative signs; to be comfortably profitable; and to provide consistently cheerful, helpful service that allows our guests to leave happy and satisfied every time they shop.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Stock shelves, keeping rotation top of mind
- Receive orders accurately
- Evaluate deliveries for accuracy and quality
- Stock all areas of the department with large, beautiful displays
- Make neat and readable signs
- Check pricing
- Keep work and store areas clean and organized
- Maintain back-stock areas, keeping all products rotated and visible
- Work safely in a busy environment
- Package and price bulk items appropriately
- Assist with bagging at the register when necessary
- Clean assigned areas at the end of the day
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 16 years or older
Nice, neat printing for those beautiful signs you’ll be making!
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Experience in retail grocery, but no worries if you don’t. This is a great place to get to know all about it!