- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Produce Associate
DEPARTMENT: Produce FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Produce Manager TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
Our mission is to sell the freshest produce, organic and local, when possible, with great attention to variety, competitive pricing, weekly promotions, cleanliness, large beautiful appealing displays—all of which create an energetic atmosphere conducive to high volume sales. We do this with the customer as first priority, with attention to special orders, education, recipes, and assistance.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Work stocking and receiving shifts
- Work opening and closing shifts
- Stock all areas of the department with large, beautiful displays
- Make neat and readable signs
- Assist customers
- Check pricing
- Check in orders for accuracy and quality
- Maintain quality through proper product rotation
- Keep work and store areas clean and organized
- Cut, package and price items appropriately
- Assist with bagging at the register when necessary
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 16 years or older
Must have a genuine love of providing great service to others
Nice, neat printing to make beautiful signs!
Strong computer, math, and organizational skills
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Experience with produce, but no worries if you don’t. This is a great place to get to know all about it!