- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Sandwich Maker
DEPARTMENT: Prepared Foods FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Prepared Foods Operations Leader TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
We take our sandwich making very seriously. It’s hard work and takes quick and accurate
decision making along with a cool demeanor. Sandwich makers work in a demand-driven environment, making 150 to upwards of 300+ pre-made sandwiches a day. We prepare all ingredients for the sandwich station including salads, spreads, and cooked meats, as well as slicing all the meats and cheeses. Sandwich makers are also responsible for customer cold cut slicing orders, and occasionally jumping in to assist with other kitchen food projects that may be on the daily prep list.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Producing a high volume of top-quality sandwiches, with great attention to detail
- Creating daily sandwich specials with an eye toward reducing waste
- Slicing deli meats and cheeses for the sandwich station and for customers
- Preparing our house-made dressings and sandwich fillings with strict adherence to our recipes and quality standards
- Working cheerfully and cooperatively with teammates and our deli staff
- Giving great service to customers and teammates alike
- Keeping a clean and sanitary work area
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITILES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 16 years or older
1+ years’ experience in a busy commercial kitchen
Good knife skills, dexterity, creativity, initiative, and versatility, as well as speed and the ability to move efficiently in tight spaces
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
The more experience the better!
Attention to detail
Clean work habits
A cheerful demeanor