A Program Team Member is a multifaceted position responsible for delivering an excellent guest experience throughout the Museum. Team members work directly with our guests to operate exhibits, answer questions, and encourage scientific investigations and explorations.
- First and foremost, responsible for the safety of our guests
- Be familiar with day-to-day operations and services available for our guests
- Have the knowledge and confidence to cheerfully answer unique questions
- Understand the different exhibits throughout the museum and be comfortable learning the various science concepts
- Encourage guest interactions with exhibits and activities
- Operate exhibits that require supervision and guided facilitation
- Responsible for timely shift rotations
- Must work cooperatively with diverse personalities and backgrounds, must be an effective team player
- Must be able to share a passion for science without lecturing, but by encouraging questioning and exploration
- Maintain physical appearance of museum by keeping areas clean and organized
- Professionally represent Science Museum Oklahoma, this includes good hygiene, personal care and appearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Program Team Members may be assigned to work Museum events, birthday parties, facility rentals, auxiliary programs, camps or science overnights.
No previous education or experience required.
- Flexible schedule, with weekend and holiday availability required and some occasional evening shifts available
- Have consistent and reliable transportation to and from work
- Have consistent and reliable contact methods (preferably cell phone and e-mail) and respond with reasonable promptness when contacted
- Be kind, outgoing, cheerful, approachable, confident and open to correction
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, and understand what it means to put the customer first
- Demonstrate good logic and problem-solving skills
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly with employees and our customers
- Have theatrical ability, must not be afraid to be silly in front of all ages
- Computer literate, able to work with online scheduling and reporting
- Must be able to accurately follow schedules and be reliable and on-time to work
- Must work well with adults and children
This position works in an active and busy children’s museum setting.
• Work involves frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
• Work may involve crawling, climbing and crouching
• Work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to perform the duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position has no direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities. This position must maintain positive working relationships with management, employees, applicants, vendors and the general public.