Elementary School Teachers will utilize current strategies and theories to plan and implement structured lessons to instruct students. Teachers will be responsible for creating and maintaining a supervised learning environment that is conducive to learning and safe for all students. Please note this posting is for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages development and implementation of the school program of instruction for specific grade and classroom.
- Create and instruct a program of study that complies with GADOE standards and School goals and objectives while also meeting the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students, as much as possible.
- Establishes, and communicates, clear objectives in lessons, assignments, and projects to work in tandem with curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives in student instruction.
- Leads assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Demonstrates commitment to the school’s mission, academic program, and student academic outcomes as outlined in the approved charter.
- Establishes, models, and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
- Ability to read and view a computer screen for prolonged periods.
- Ability to understand in verbal and written communication, and speak with a level of proficiency and volume to be understood.
- Ability to read, write, understand and apply information at a moderately complex level
- Ability to adapt to various environments needed for learning
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- Experience working with children in an educational setting required
- Ability and willingness to obtain a Clearance Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission required
- Classical Curriculum experience is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work with students to achieve individual and school goals in partnership with staff and parents in a professional manner
- Comfortable implementing school safety and security procedures
Mission and Organizational Fit
Strong candidates will be motivated by the school’s Mission: to train the minds and strengthen the hearts of students through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”