We are HALO! We build brand engagement for our over 60,000 clients globally and lead our $25B industry through the dedication of over 2,000 team members across the United States.
HALO is seeking Employee Relations Specialist to work directly with the business by providing hands on support and consultation to create an engaging work environment while maintaining a focus on risk mitigation. This role requires strong business acumen and an adaptable approach in order to consult with a variety of leadership personalities, communication styles and expectations. The successful candidate will act a confidential HR professional providing business leaders with analysis of facts, conclusions and recommendations on employee related matters. The Employee Relations Specialist will be responsible for evolving and delivering the core practices of employee relations work and contribute to building a vibrant and modern HALO culture.
- Handles all Employee Relations (ER) matters within specified geography or across specific businesses. Ensures ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with HALOs values, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Work with leaders, managers and employees to provide advice and coach both parties on all employee relations issues. Provide strong partnership on performance management, development planning, disciplinary processes, restructuring activity, legal issues, investigations, and conflict management.
- Provides direction and coaching to managers with terminations, conducts exit interviews and uses feedback as appropriate to create plans to reduce regrettable turnover and increase engagement.
- Supports management and identifies opportunities for improvement and obstacles by engaging regularly with employees at all levels and having a finger on the pulse of the groups supported at all times.
- Work with the business to highlight key trends in employee relations and actively monitors engagement. May utilize climate and engagement surveys to develop actionable plans to sustain and improve the employee experience.
- Integrate and partner with HR Business Partners and across the HR department centers of excellence to deliver high quality results.
- Design, create and implement programs that improve proactive Employee Relations processes and practices that contribute to a healthy and productive working environment.
- May facilitate HR related Training on topics such as Discrimination, Harassment, Fair Labor Standards compliance, and Company policies.
- Project work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2+ years of employee relations experience or related experience in human resources, employment laws or relevant experience directly managing complex employee relations issues and advising executive-level corporate clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Legal, HR, and with employees and managers in a matrixed organization to resolve issues and grievances.
- Proven ability to be a coach, counselor, advisor and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Capable of domestic travel, sometimes with short notice, up to 10% of the time.
- Solid understanding of Federal, State, and local labor and employment laws and knowledge in technology businesses including a familiarity with HR practices and policies.
- Must be highly comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment required
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required
- Detail-oriented, with the demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on data related to employee relations investigations
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination.
We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.