The Custodial Team Member position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Museum. This Includes both public and staff only areas of the Museum such as lobbies, exhibits, offices, bathrooms, breakrooms, lunch rooms and other areas on the Museum premises.
- Report to your supervisor for area assignments
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practice and procedure
- Clean, dust and wipe down exhibits following guidelines set forth so as not to damage exhibits or artifacts
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors, empty trash containers, restock restroom products
- Use and maintain assigned power tools such as vacuum cleaner
- Safely use ladders when needed to assist in job duties
- Turn on lights if needed in area assigned
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows
- Set up tables, chairs, podiums, and stanchions, for events according to Facility Rentals instructions.
- Safely operate any power equipment when required but only after being instructed by your supervisor.
- Adhere to safety regulations, laws and procedures put in place by the Museum and State and Federal OSHA agencies.
- Perform other duties as needed.
· One (1) or more years of custodial work experience
The individual should be able to communicated effectively and demonstrate good written skills as wells as share the following attributes:
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment
- Must have interpersonal skills to be able to interact with fellow employees and customers alike
- Must be able to follow verbal directions
- Must be able to understand and support all policies as outlined in the Science Museum Employee Handbook and work according to OSHA safety regulations.