WHY WR? WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner—which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work. Our employee owners say they love a lot of things about WithersRavenel, but the things most often cited are: our amazing people and team-first atmosphere, our focus on their professional development and growth, and our commitment to the communities in which we work and live.
Bring your talent and collaborative spirit and join our team of employee owners at WithersRavenel!
Survey CAD Technician I/II’s are entry-level or technical professionals that support assigned Professional Surveyors and Project Managers by providing technical CAD support by providing technical CAD support and creating drawings using CAD software for projects under supervision of senior technical and professional staff. They will also compile technical data from drawings, field notes, and/or electronic data.
This is a hybrid position. Candidates must live within a commutable distance to Asheville or Cary, NC with the expectation to work in the office 1 - 2 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft preliminary layouts from survey notes, sketches, and/or other drawings, ensuring they meet our company and industry standards and codes
- Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule; reviewing own work for completeness and accuracy according to company QA/QC and CAD standards
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files, and project-related information per our company procedures and standards
- Reproduce drawing and document packages as needed
- Provide assistance with other CAD related tasks as directed
- Follow technical aspects and policies of the Department and Company
- Analyze technical problems; devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions; and communicate those to supervisor for approval and implementation
- Use company’s current technology as much as practicable to design projects
Required qualifications include:
- High School Diploma
- 1 - 2+ years AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented
- Ability to execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Willingness to take direction
- Demonstrate personal investment in your career
- Energetic, flexible, and forward thinking
Preferred qualifications include:
- AutoCAD Civil3D, Carlson, and/or Geopak experience
- Associate degree or related technical certificate or equivalent experience
- CST Level II or greater Office Track
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environment.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time travelling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.