About Focus On Renewal:
Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) is an umbrella and pillar community organization devoted to addressing much needed social services ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, family support groups and mental health, to library and arts programs for all ages. Focus On Renewal employs 30+ staff at four locations throughout McKees Rocks and Stowe Townships. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure high quality programming is accessible to all 13,000 residents of the Sto-Rox Community. Our mission states that Focus on Renewal’s programs and partnerships connect children, adults, and families with the relationships, resources, and opportunities needed to develop and sustain a thriving community.
About the Position:
The Arts Coordinator is responsible to develop and oversee arts programming designed to enrich adult and youth student learning experiences and promote community involvement in the arts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage/coordinate Focus On Renewal Arts Programs, such as dance, music production, ceramics, Maker Space, Codings Club, cooking, etc., for community members. This includes, but is not limited to, working with Resident Artists and class instructors to:
- Work collaboratively with Deputy Director of Community Programs, Artists, Instructors, and Resident Artists in defining and implementing meaningful arts programs for all age groups.
- Work collaboratively with the Deputy Director of Community Programs, Artists, Instructors, and Resident Artists to create a schedule of arts classes.
- Track class attendance;
- Order supplies;
- Work through scheduling conflicts; and
- Oversee the organization and preparation of arts studios for classes, workshops, and events.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Community Programs to develop and manage the arts budget and produce grant reports.
- Collect and verify timesheets for Resident Artists and Instructors and forward them to the Deputy Director of Community Programs in a timely manner.
- Conduct staff meetings with Resident Artists and Instructors.
- Work with Focus On Renewal staff to create marketing and promote classes and events through various media outlets.
- Perform outreach with local groups and the community at large concerning offered programs.
- Oversee and be an active participant in the African American Celebration of the Arts group. This includes scheduling and attending meetings, planning and coordinating events, and attending and overseeing events.
- Work collaboratively with Focus On Renewal staff to schedule and coordinate events.
- Plan and coordinate meaningful field trips for youth when appropriate.
- Follow safety and security protocols regarding End-of-Day Procedures, After Hours Procedures, and Event Procedures.
- Recommend new programming to enhance arts introduction/interest in the community.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with administrative tasks as necessary
- Additional job duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited arts program
- Prior experience working with arts programming initiatives
- Knowledge about the local arts community
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population, i.e., youth and adults
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Act 33 and Act 34 clearances
- Fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus
- Prior experience working with a diverse population in low-income neighborhoods
- Resident of Sto-Rox community