TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a Programs Assistant to support our Outdoor Equity department and staff. The ideal candidate is a highly organized team player with an interest in environmental education. This position will be responsible for clerical, administrative and general office tasks to support the workflow within the department.
- Perform routine administrative tasks for on-site and virtual tours, including data entry, sign in sheets, processing payments, email inquiries and visitor requests.
- Maintain a high volume of complex calendars including scheduling multiple events on the same day.
- Act as the liaison between patrons and eco-educators.
- Basic understanding of effective administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and daily tasks and adjust as needed; project management skills such as accountability, time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting high-pressure deadlines.
- High-level of familiarity with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and other internet-based programs.
- Flexible, patient, organized, and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills that include professional writing, public speaking, and intra-personal communication.
- Comfortable and able to work outdoors, walk on hiking (up and down hill) trails, stand for long periods of times (as a presenter) and ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Understand equity, inclusion, and cultural relevance.
- Have a love and commitment to the environment.
- Knowledge and usage of Salesforce Software platform is a plus.
- Experience and/or education in interpretive/environmental education, and/or performing arts is a plus.
- Experience working with youth, teens and adults is a plus.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.