Every good book has a strong supporting character that the protagonist would have never succeeded with out. Here at Defining Wellness you can be the Samwise Gamgee to Frodo or the Hermoine Granger to Harry. Every client at Defining Wellness has their own journey and challenge and we're looking for those that want to help them succeed in their success story.
This is a great opportunity for college students or those thinking about attending college seeking a career in behavioral health. It is an opportunity to gain real world experience!
We strongly encourage those in recovery with lived experience for a minimum of one year are highly encouraged to apply.
- Teamwork: collaborates well with other employees and works effectively in team-based environments.
- Integrity & Ethics: demonstrates ethical behavior, such as honesty and strong moral principles; avoids conflicts of interest.
- Service Excellence: strives to provide excellent service to internal and/or external customers by meeting and managing customer expectations.
- Quality: accurate, organized and thorough. Applies principles of continuous improvement.
- Safety: demonstrates commitment to working in a safe, prudent manner with complete regard for individual safety.
- Confidentiality: maintains the highest degree of confidentiality with working knowledge of HIPAA laws.
- Policy Compliance: adheres to company policy and procedure and applicable Joint Commission standards.
Position Specific Competencies
- Ability to maintain accountability, meet deadlines, and follow-through on tasks.
- Exemplary ability to make sound decisions in crisis or demanding situations.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills, as position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with clients, their families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Must have a clear understanding of recovery and addiction
- Must be able to utilize EMR system
- Understanding of Trauma Informed Principles when interacting with clients and staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and carries out individual client support services.
- Maintains accurate and complete records for each assigned client.
- Engages in on-site recreational activities (i.e. pickleball, AA meetings, games) with clients during non-therapeutic hours
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed
- Ensures that all client guidelines are being followed
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be ambulatory without assistance
- Must complete required documentation in a thorough and timely manner.
- Responsible for doing luggage and room contraband searches as requested and report findings to CSS supervisor and Nurse on duty
- Reports client interactions to appropriate team members
- Support cleaning staff as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree, or equivalent.
- Preferably one year of experience working in the behavioral health field.
- If self identifying as in recovery, must have a minimum of twelve months of sustained recovery
- Peer Support Specialist or CCAR Recovery Coach certification preferred