Hand to Hold® is a national non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides compassionate in-person hospital and virtual support to NICU and bereaved parents before, during and after a NICU stay. All programs are designed with the emotional, physical and social needs of NICU families in mind to help them feel more secure during a highly stressful time. This early intervention mental health support is available at no cost to NICU families across the United States.
As a 2022 Best Place for Working Parents® business, our dynamic, growing organization seeks an Office Administrator to join our team in Austin, TX. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this person will play a key role in the general management of the offices of Hand to Hold.
The ideal candidate will be able to exercise sound judgment in various situations, manage a broad range of administrative responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines.
Attributes paramount to this position include superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; a positive and helpful attitude; and the ability to anticipate needs and implement solutions. Additional projects and tasks beyond the scope of this job description may be required to meet the organization's needs. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is a plus.
Volunteer Coordination (25%)
- Recruit, support and develop volunteers to support hospital program and fundraising event needs
- Coordinate Youth Ambassador program
- Create volunteer postings in relevant systems and develop positive working relationships with volunteers that support organization and growth of the volunteer program
- Transport and pick up materials assembled by off-site volunteers
- Update and utilize contact database (Hubspot) to track and record volunteer contact information, hours, availability, and preferences
General Office Administration (75%)
- Warmly welcome visitors, volunteers, and staff and assist as needed
- Serve as the central point of contact for the office and perform a broad range of administrative tasks including, but not limited to: composing and preparing correspondence; coordinating meetings and calls; planning travel and producing itineraries; managing organizational calendar; responding to emails and inquiries in the general email and voicemail boxes, and coordinating mailings
- Manage office administration including, but not limited to, scanning, filing, handling mail, office supply purchasing, inventory supply control, bank deposits, and keeping the office organized and presentable at all times
- Provide support for special projects and events and attend as needed: including venue and vendor research, budget management, guest lists, invitations, and catering
- Organize meeting room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning
- Organize and purchase catering, coffee, or other refreshments as needed
- Coordinate building and maintenance issues for general repair and updates
- Purchase computers, printers, supplies, and other equipment upon request
- Purchase and manage inventory of staff business cards, shirts, name badges, equipment and door access codes.
- Serves as point person to address staff queries regarding office-related needs
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings, including sending reminders and preparing agenda
- Coordinates staff holiday celebrations, including planning dates, sending out reminders, setting up decor and food or refreshments
- Prepare correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials.
- Assist the Online Store Coordinator in preparing, packaging, and shipping order materials and online sales as needed ensuring accuracy and efficiency on every order.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary and be flexible and adaptable to meet the organization's needs
- Maintain inventory and restocking of office amenities, including but not limited to the water cooler and snacks
- Maintain office system operations and safety measures (e.g., security door codes, ring doorbells, security system, panic buttons, etc.); liaise with the landlord to ensure compliance with building closures, security function, custodial and maintenance services
- Manage and oversee building access for vendors, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain physical equipment, inventory and oversee purchases of office equipment, supplies, and furniture; manage supply requests and negotiate purchase orders following budget and purchasing policies
- Update office schedules and contact lists, ensure timely distribution to staff
- Oversee office organization and operations, including the scheduling of offices for our remote team and organization of supplies
- Handle phone & email inquiries coming into the agency, liaison with community partners and management, direct inquiries to appropriate parties
- Maintain Google Drive filing system organization and maintenance.
- Send thank-you gifts, schedule deliveries, and run errands as needed.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports – timesheets, expense reports – in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Staff
Open to applicants in the Austin, Texas, metropolitan area
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt position: 40 hours per week schedule.
Office hours are M-F, 9 am-5 pm
Occasional evenings and/or weekends for events as needed
Compensation starts at $20/hour based on experience
Benefits include Health & Life Insurance with the option to add Dental, Vision & Life insurance.
Paid Time off, sick time accrual, and a generous schedule of 13 paid annual holidays.
Must be able to reach 2nd-floor office space by stairs (no elevator access) multiple times daily.
Will need to occasionally exert up to 30 lbs of force to lift, carry, pull or otherwise move objects.
We prefer you have:
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission of Hand to Hold
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with diverse audiences, including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners, and all constituencies
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; detail-oriented, well-organized, focused, and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in database management as well as knowledge of Hubspot CRM
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
We need you to have:
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Must be proficient in G Suite software, all Microsoft office products, and generally technologically savvy
- Ability to work full-time from the office during regular business hours
- Professional appearance as the representative of the organization in the office
- Impeccable attention to detail, superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for being proactive, resourceful, and enterprising
- Proven ability to prioritize, respond in a fast-paced environment, handle a high volume of work and consistently meet deadlines