Fencing, Gate & Pergola Experts
Since 1933, Walpole Outdoors has been the standard for handcrafted outdoor products, meeting the needs of homeowners and professionals alike with an unsurpassed variety of styles and custom designs.
Today, Walpole maintains its position as a premier outdoor living space company through a commitment to working with customers and by applying new techniques and technologies to ensure that the end result exceeds their expectations.
Join Our Team!
Our employees are the best in industry! We are hiring team members who can utilize their existing skills, are interested in learning new ones, and are looking for opportunities to grow.
The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for leading manufacturing and installation efforts in creating, promoting, and sustaining a safe work environment for all employees. Primary responsibilities of this position will include ensuring OSHA compliance in the form of both documentation and behavior. The EHS Coordinator will work closely with members of leadership to maintain standard safety practices.
Primary Responsibilities of the EHS Coordinator
- Ensure a hazard free work environment
- Conduct investigations on all accidents to solve for the root cause
- Promote safe work practices
- Create and enforce safety guidelines and programs
- Carry out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
- Respond to worker’s safety concerns
- Assist with the preparation of a safety plan
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication plans
- Lead the manufacturing safety committee
- Verify that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports, and issues to keep them updated
- 401(k) plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions after 6 months of employment- 50% of the first 8%
- Health and Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Job specific training provided
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- A degree can be substituted for minimum of two years of experience in a safety related role
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong team building skills
- OSHA compliance knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize while maintaining a wide variety of tasks
- Strong professional leadership skills in a team setting
- Drive to continuously improve standard working conditions
- Production team experience and lean daily management understanding