Are you a hands on, people-focused, operational leader looking for an opportunity to direct a small HR team? Do you have experience in many facets of human resources, collaborative mindset, and core-values centered leadership approach? If this resonates, and you are looking to make an impact within the credit union industry, then this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Human Resources to plan, lead, and direct all activities of the Human Resources (HR) team, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and guiding principles. The position will oversee a variety of HR functions including: Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Training/Development, Compliance, and DEI Initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and procedures to align with the organization’s overall business goals and strategic plan.
- Manage, plan, and administer employee benefit program that are cost effective programs while maintaining a competitive benefit program design.
- Maintain employee files and manage the HRIS system, performance management system, benefit administration and billing system, and HR area of intranet.
- Support leadership by establishing credibility, trust, and rapport throughout the organization, acting in an advisory role as it relates to policy practice, employee relations, corrective action, and people management.
- Serve in an advisory capacity during the recruitment and hiring process, ensuring cost effective talent attraction strategies are in place.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing, new, and anticipated legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Administer salary administration and performance appraisal programs.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to management with regards to performance appraisals and salary considerations; monitor salary adjustments and position classifications for appropriateness and internal consistency; conduct annual salary structure reviews and recommend adjustments consistent with external markets.
- Drive a high-performance culture that attracts/retains top talent and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Serve as Co-Plan Administrator for 401k/409a/457b match plans.
- Oversee the processing of payroll and processing of monthly insurance premium payments and 401(k)/pension contributions for all entities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and is very approachable.
- Provide guidance and support to others and have excellent management skills.
- High energy level and positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and handle confidential information on a regular basis.
- Exhibit professionalism while interacting with employees and leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment and tax laws.
- Willingness to be a "hands-on" operational HR leader.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR Manager role, preferably in a remote work environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Pay:?We know your value and we’re not afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary, bonuses, and a 5% contribution to your 401k.
- Time Off:?Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and time off to volunteer.
- Benefits:?We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental, and vision. We even offer a virtual health option allowing you to video-chat with a medical professional as opposed to making your way to their office. Don’t need health insurance? An opt-out credit will be provided to you for waiving coverage!
- Opportunity: for you to make an impact on the people we serve!
CU Solutions Group is a credit union service organization offering leading edge products and services in the areas of technology, marketing, HR performance and strategic advisory. Our company’s dedication to the credit union mission is reflected through service excellence to credit union clients, credit union system partners and credit union leagues spanning 48 states.