Inverse Medical, powered by Empass Healthcare, is looking for a diligent and detailed Contract and Grants Manager to lead in the development of public contracts, company contracts and grant portfolios. This position will work to identify and secure government and non-government grants, community-based Healthcare programs, as well as internal company contracts. The Contracts and Grants Manager will research, identify and evaluate potential grant funding sources to support the company’s goals and works in a manner that will ensure confidentiality of all data and information within the scope of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the company’s portfolio of existing contracts.
- Oversee all of the components of the grants cycle including pre-award budget development, post award monitoring, program sub-contract management and grant closeout procedures for the assigned department.
- Oversee the preparation, submission, processing and management of research grants, contract proposals, awards and agreements within the assigned department.
- Maintains documentation of all grant proposals
- Strong project management to ensure projects stay on track and strict guidelines are met.
- Stewards existing and future electronic and paper fund development-related records maintained by the museum to ensure that relevant information is captured and filed accurately and easily retrieved as needed.
- Provides on-going research reports concerning individual, foundation, corporate, government and community prospects to the CEO and other staff to inform new and current project development and decision making.
- Works closely with the CEO and other staff to compile information to ultimately write grantor interim and final reports (narrative and financial), contracts and grant proposals.
- Acts as an ambassador of the company and actively pursues cultivation opportunities to extend the work of the company into the community in an effort to increase interest, investments/donations and partnerships.
- Customizes thank you letters by drafting fund development messaging to individual contributors.
- Assists marketing team in the creation of donor and staff stewardship communication pieces.
- Identify local, state, and federal grants which align with the company’s vision.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Identify and articulate needs and grant-funded solutions for the organization.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local rules, regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent research skills.
- Customer focused; performs duties with a sense of urgency.
- Extensive experience with contract preparation and/or review required.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Will have a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- The ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- The ability to be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, innovative thinker, and a proven, creative problem-solver.
- The ability to manage multiple projects with sensitive timelines.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in researching grants, contract and grant management, prospect research, contract and grant writing experience and general fundraising experience
- Able to work independently with an aptitude for multi-tasking and managing multiple projects with varying funding sources.
- Excellent analytical, communication and project management skills.
- Exceptional writing and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing post-award activities; knowledge of laws, principles, rules and policies relating to management of grants, including administrative requirements and cost principles.
- Strong budgeting experience, including ability to review, monitor and analyze budgets and perform expenditure planning a plus.
- Must have the professional acumen to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Must have the capacity to work productively in a highly dynamic, team-based environment and to collaborate, delegate and negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
- Creative problem-solving skills; with the proven ability to recommend and implement process improvements and new initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sensitive to diversity including individuals with physical challenges or special needs.
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Blackbaud or other database systems; proven ability to learn new systems and software. Includes familiarity with databases, email and scheduling systems, and mail/merge applications; reporting, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
Inverse Medical, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices. Details of our equal employment opportunity policies are further explained in Anti-Discrimination & Harassment.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.