There are 4 positions available, 1 Full-time Second Shift (3-11) and 3 Part-time Positions (2 days a week) 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Teamwork: collaborates well with other employees and work effectively in team-based environments.
- Integrity & Ethics: demonstrates ethical behavior, such as honesty and strong moral principles; avoids conflicts of interest.
- Service Excellence: strives to provide excellent service to internal and/or external customers by meeting and managing customer expectations.
- Quality: accurate, organized and thorough. Applies principles of continuous improvement.
- Safety: demonstrates commitment to working in a safe, prudent manner with complete regard for individual safety.
- Confidentiality: maintains the highest degree of confidentiality with working knowledge of HIPAA laws.
- Policy Compliance: adheres to company policy and procedure and applicable Joint Commission standards.
- Skilled in organizational and time management and the ability to prioritize
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Skilled in using Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR)
- Skilled in professional interaction and communication with clients
- Must be capable of performing Basic First Aid and CPR
- Must be mobile and the ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift 100 lbs.
- Ability to demonstrate Practice-Based Client Care and Procedural Skills
- Working knowledge of current policies at Defining Wellness Centers Inc.
- Understanding of both state and Joint Commission regulations regarding client care
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand when and how to report the following incidents, can identify where the
contact information and/or forms are, and to whom it is reported to. Incidents include
grievances, abuse, neglect, trauma, and exploitation
- Taking/recording vital signs, such as temperature blood-pressure as directed by medical or nursing staff
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative
therapeutic and rehabilitative care of assigned client as evidenced by
documentation and observation of positive client care outcomes
- Providing the required support to assist clients with their activities
- Makes routine rounds on assigned clients in accordance with established procedures
- Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor
- Maintain and coordinate communication among client and staff as evidenced within
the electronic medical record client file
- Assist in assuring that effective communication exists with client/significant
other/family as reflected in the Treatment Plan
- Use available written and AV materials specific to client condition or disease
- Assist clients, family members, or other clients with concern and empathy, respecting
their confidentiality and privacy and communicates with them in a courteous and respectful manner
- Keep up to date with all pertinent federal and state regulations, laws and policies as
they presently exist and as they change or are modified
- Perform other duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year work experience in healthcare field
- Active CNA license in state of Mississippi
- Must be able to work nights and weekends