The Senior Operations Director leads the teams responsible for information technology systems and delivery of products and/or services to customers. This is a central role in developing and executing on the company’s long-term vision and strategic plan. Through providing leadership, management and vision, the Operations Director ensures the company has the proper operations procedures, metrics and people in place to scale effectively to meet customer demands. This position accomplishes these goals with a constant commitment to the core values of the organization and a commitment to ethical standards. The Senior Operations Director acts as a liaison with the company’s marketing and sales team to develop products and services that address market needs and drive innovation.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to design and execute on a three-year strategic plan.
- Direct the operations function in furtherance of the strategic plan, including design, implementation, and maintenance of information technology systems, meeting financial objectives, and meeting organizational goals in relation to productivity and quality of products and services.
- Manage contract lifecycle from negotiation to execution with clients, vendors, and strategic partners and analyze contracts to maximize operational and financial performance in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Achieving the company’s gross margin targets.
- Coordinating with marketing and sales team to ensure business is ready to deliver on customer needs and ensure effective onboarding on clients.
- Establish and enforce quantitative and qualitative metrics and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure delivery of services-based Service Level Agreements in each client contract.
- Develop and manage the operating budget for the Operations and Information Technology departments.
- Oversee client support services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the hiring and training of departmental managers and supervisors.
- Organize and oversee the work and schedules of departmental managers and supervisors.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Lead and mentor both direct and indirect reports with the goal of improving their professional expertise to better serve business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive management experience.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Ability to lead business and technical discussions internally and externally.
- Ability to identify needs of the business, organize ideas, create plans and collaborate with colleagues to execute.
- Strong knowledge of IT/Business Infrastructure and Microsoft programs. Salesforce knowledge a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to independently prioritize own work.
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail in analyses, deliverables and communications.
- Strong presentation and communication skills; must be able to provide succinct, strategic, and actionable insights to senior executives.
- Strong analytical, financial, and organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This is a hybrid position, consisting of in-office and remote work.
Business needs may require local and overnight travel.