Description (Who we are)
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Company Overview (What we do)
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high-net-worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
The Opportunity (What they can/would do)
The Assistant Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for the administration, operation, and financial oversight of real estate properties within their portfolio in order to achieve the return objectives while minimizing risks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize potential for lease renewalWork closely with property managers, on-site agency and the GSA to ensure respective needs are being met
- Work with leasing brokers to attract, qualify and maintain tenants and achieve favorable lease terms
- Maintain physical integrity of the property
- Oversee all property management functions performed by third party vendor re: management of physical properties including maintenance, inspections and operations
- Work closely with property managers, brokers and tenants to develop strong relationships
- Mitigate economic risk
- Review and approve annual budgets driven by historical asset performance and future needs of the property
- Oversee periodic valuations
- Facilitate, review and comment on third-party appraisals for review by the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Committee
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- 5-7 years of experience in real estate and/or asset management
- Must have Microsoft Excel skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Possess strong working knowledge of real estate, including but not limited to interpreting account reports, leases, and financing
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks
- Some travel will be required
Boyd Watterson offers a highly competitive total compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.