Description (Who we are)
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Company Overview (What we do)
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high-net-worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
The Opportunity (What they can/would do)
The Regional Director, Asset Management will lead a team of asset managers in their respective region, collaborating with the Head of Asset Management and HR director to hire, train, and further develop his/her team. The executive is responsible for the administration, property management selection, leasing and operational oversight of GSA and state and local government real estate properties within their regional portfolio in order to maximize the Fund’s return objectives while minimizing risks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee assigned team of Asset Managers and Analysts.
- Serve as Asset Manager for a limited number of high value-add assets in the region.
- Leasing Execute Portfolio Management’s leasing policy consistent with the portfolio’s investment strategy.
- Relationship Management
- Oversee all property management functions in the Region performed by third party vendor regarding management of physical properties including maintenance, inspections, and operations.
- Responsible for evaluating and selecting property managers, in collaboration with PMs and Head of Asset Management, for assets in the region. Execute the Acquisition and Portfolio Management policies with regard to appropriate property managers and leasing agents for each asset.
- Conduct periodic site visits and make strategic recommendations to the Heads of Asset Management and Portfolio Management based on findings.
- Operations & Financial Reporting
- Maintain list of hold/sell candidates within the Region and provide recommendations to the Heads of Asset Management and Chief Investment Officer.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- 10+ years of experience in real estate and asset management or related fields
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and a proficiency with ARGUS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of real estate including, but not limited to, interpreting account reports, leases, and financing.
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks.