General Summary: Responsible for loading semi-trucks and railcars with product using heavy equipment and machinery while working in a safe manner in all areas of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load Dried Distiller Grains in semi-trucks and railcars
- Load ethanol in tank cars meeting all federal, state, and local hazardous material regulations
- Operate heavy machinery and equipment to load trucks with additional co-products (Modified, Off-Grade)
- Accurately complete railcar and tank car inspections to ensure car is in proper loading condition before, during and after loading
- Keep and record an accurate log of the loading activities each day
- Operate a railcar mover on a consistent basis to assure rail cars are in their proper location to be loaded and picked up by the railroad
- Read, understand and follow standard operating procedures for operation of plant and associated equipment
- Ensure the quality of product being shipped is of excellent standard
- Communicate with the maintenance department for timely repairs and routine maintenance
- Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed in a self-directed fashion while focusing on continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Complete required training and attend additional training/conferences as recommended by the company
- Keep the facility clean and safe taking into account all local, city, state and federal laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Experience in truck loading and unloading, railcar loading, front end loader, skid loader and railcar mover is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must have ability to lift at least 50 pounds, must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights of at least 30 feet and must have ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Working Conditions: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, and dusty conditions. Also exposure to chemicals and heavy moving machinery.