About Block Imaging:
If you're looking for a company that values community, respect, integrity, innovation, and pursuit of excellence, Block Imaging may be the organization for you. We're a fast-paced organization accepting applications for the full-time role of Mechanical Field Technician, in our Holt, MI headquarters.
Why Block Imaging?
Be part of a positive work community where team member's ideas and contributions are valued.
· Offering a healthy work life balance.
· Our culture encourages professional development and seeking out opportunities for growth.
· The medical imaging industry is a stable and growing worldwide market.
Life at Block Imaging:
Don't be fooled by our casual attire. Though casual in dress, we are an innovative group focused on making great business decisions. We've built our culture on transparency, authenticity, and teamwork. We strive to work hard and play hard; and we enjoy Summer BBQs, Holiday Parties, Annual Retreat, Book Clubs, Lunch & Learns, and the occasional Ping-Pong and Foosball Tournaments to let off some steam.
General Job Description:
Responsible for installations, removals and basic troubleshooting of medical imaging equipment. Communicate status of projects with supervisor and engineering team to coordinate activities and provide a positive representation of the company in the process of engineering work.
- To support the overall goal of fast, efficient and safe engineering projects
- To develop expertise in mechanical installation/removal of imaging equipment
- To maintain a safe, clean and functioning facility
- Perform mechanical staging, “cabling up”, moving, and installation of imaging equipment
- Perform tear down and removal of imaging equipment
- Facilitate decontamination and inventory of incoming systems
- Develop a professional knowledge of equipment
- Appropriately dispose of potentially hazardous materials
- Documentation of work performed
- Working respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others, both internally and on job sites, in the best interest of the company
- This position will involve up to 50 percent travel; so, flexibility to travel when needed
- Assist in maintaining the facilities, assuring cleanliness, organization of equipment, and safety
- Handling any other duties as assigned
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner
- Mechanical aptitude with desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations
- Basic ability in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Community, Respect, Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, and Innovation. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
- Review of projects completed
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of compliance with safety procedures and regulations
- Assessment of the technical knowledge
- Review of the work areas for cleanliness and organization
- Feedback from management, co-workers, customers and vendors
- Review of Performance Evaluation
Education: An Associate’s Degree preferred in a technical area, i.e. electronics, mechanics, computer technology, etc.
Experience: Hands-on mechanical/electrical experience and ability to earn a Chauffeur’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer competency
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Self-starter who fills “down time” in productive ways
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle.
Immediate Supervisor: Mechanical Team Lead
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires only self-supervision.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
- Physical activity that requires often bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves pushing and/or pulling over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves lifting over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work and filing.
- Physical activity that requires travel, and flexibility of schedule.
- Job may include occasional driving of rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to loud noises that do not require ear plugs.
- Physical activity that often requires exposure to machinery.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to hazardous materials (MSDS available).