ProxsysRx is currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Clinical Manager for Holyoke Medical Center. The Pharmacy Clinical Manager assists the Director of Pharmacy with the management of clinical and operational pharmacy activities including, but not limited to, management of pharmacy personnel, drug procurement/distribution, departmental finance and budget development, quality and accreditation activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Director of Pharmacy with the management of clinical and operational pharmacy activities including (but not limited to): management of pharmacy personnel, drug procurement/distribution, departmental finance and budget development, quality and accreditation activities.
- To assist the Director of Pharmacy with departmental leadership, vision, and strategic planning.
- To assist the Director of Pharmacy in performing annual personnel performance appraisals.
- To assist the Director of Pharmacy in developing policies and procedures for efficient and optimal departmental operations.
- To perform direct supervision to assigned personnel.
- In this role, you will coordinate all activities related to the P&T Committee, Antibiotic Stewardship Committee, Medication Error Committee and formulary management
- To function as the Director of Pharmacy in the absence of the Director of Pharmacy.
- To provide clinical knowledge and leadership by role modeling pharmaceutical care and clinical pharmacy services.
- To maintain a clinical practice consistent with maintaining board-certification credentials, as time allows.
- In conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy, assign pharmacist annual competencies.
- To assist with development and implementation of quality assurance programs for the department.
- To actively lead antibiotic stewardship activities including development of the institutional antibiogram; provide leadership in medication stewardship.
- To serve as a liaison with various organizations such as: contracted pharmacy service and Schools of Pharmacy.
- To provide educational programs to pharmacists, nurses, and other health-care providers as appropriate.
- To contribute to the mission of the organization by following policies and procedures of the department and institution and adhering to the Ethical Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Day shift hours. Closed on weekends.
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid short term and long term disability.
- Company paid employee life insurance.
- 401(k) with company matching contributions.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, postgraduate residency preferred.
- Current registration in the state of Massachusetts as a Registered Pharmacist; BPS specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of four years of clinical experience in a hospital setting, including experience with computerized pharmacy systems.
- Ability to supervise pharmacy staff in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Excellent customer service skills.