NATURAL FIBER WELDING, INC.
Located in Peoria, Illinois, Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (NFW) produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources. NFW is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is comprised of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
Production Team Member - Clarus
The Production Team Member is responsible for preparing the yarn line daily to customer specifications, as well as performing routine maintenance checks to ensure the line is running properly. This position is also responsible for shipping yarn orders and keeping inventory of yarn and chemical supplies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets up and operates custom machinery
- Records data on a laptop or tablet
- Observes, corrects, and reports any issues
- Monitors multiple running yarn production processes
- Works safely with chemicals
- Takes initiative, and works independently on solving problems
- Works closely with Quality Control team
- Properly packages, labels and ships customer orders
- Performs minor maintenance and custodial duties, such as cleaning filters and pumps
- Maintains work area in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals
- Complies with all safety practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in maintenance/machine repair/ manufacturing industry is a plus
- Basic use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and email skills required
- Strong math and problem-solving skills are a MUST
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Strong attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to take direction; willingness to learn
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change
- Frequent talking, hearing and visual observation
- Frequent use of hands to grasp, handle, or feel; finger dexterity must be sufficient to feed yarn through small spaces and tie small knots
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching; must be able to stand up to 8 hours a day
- Regular stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequent lifting of up to 35 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Occasional climbing, typically on a stepladder
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation
- Majority of the work is performed in a manufacturing environment with moderate noise level
- Required to use personal protective equipment including slip and spill resistant shoes as well as protective eyewear when in production areas
- Overtime may be required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
NFW provides you with access to a telehealth benefit, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, three healthcare plan options, a discretionary 401k plan and paid vacation and sick time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position and current resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.