REPORTS TO: Director of Information Services
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
Working at All Chicago:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
The Data Analyst plays an essential role in reviewing, understanding, and processing data from multiple data sources to develop reports, data requests, and data transformations. This position works on an interdisciplinary team focused on transforming data into reports, data extracts, dashboards, and other useful representations. In addition, this position will represent the team in project team meetings that may comprise of external stakeholders and provide input into tools, methodologies, and other topics that enhance the efficiency and usability of the data.
An ideal candidate will have strong data analysis and problem-solving skills for delivering high quality solutions on time and on budget. The Data Analyst will analyze current implementation and define best practices or areas to improve business processes. Day to day activities will include working closely with project leads, analysts, infrastructure, and database staff to ensure project activities are aligned with architectural and functional objectives.
Data analysis, database administration, reporting and data request programming/development (approx. 80%)
- Act as primary resource for all data sources, the relationships among them, and correct usage of each
- Collaborate with others to ensure clarity and correctness of requirements and specifications
- Analyze data sources to design and maintain data infrastructure that is pertinent and correct for the functions and requests it must serve, and perform vetting and QA on the data to ensure its accuracy
- Create data sources, tables, spreadsheets, programs, processes, and data flows to support custom reporting and data extract requests
- Analyze and problem solve reporting issues within the current system as they relate to the workflow implementation, integration and management of data
- Create and maintain scripts to generate reports and data extracts
- Create and maintain scripts and other mechanisms to automate generation and distribution of results
- Analyze and implement methodologies for matching data from multiple sources
- Develop and maintain data dashboards
- Provide administrative and operational support for SQL and other reporting infrastructure
Relationship building (approx. 15%)
- Work closely with internal and external users and project leads to understand reporting challenges and offer solutions.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical people, effectively gathering their business issues and requirements.
- Participate and, in some cases, lead data related meetings with both internal and external teams.
- Work closely with other members of the team to develop cross-functional understanding and solutions.
- Review documentation to ensure clarity across functions.
Other tasks (approx. 5%)
- Attend training, seminars and conferences when needed or required.
- Stay current in technologies used and/or needed by the agency to ensure best use of available tools.
- Actively participate in staff and team meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computing, Statistics or related fields.
- 2-3 years programming and report-writing experience in a job-related field.
- Proficiency in SQL scripting in construction of data infrastructure, reports, extracts, and other results
- Strong familiarity with Python, Excel macros, and MS VBA scripting
- High-level of knowledge and competency in relational database management systems.
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner to groups with varying levels of technical expertise
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and to take on more responsibilities as assigned
- A strong work ethic, integrity and the highest ethical standards are expected.
- This position may require out-of-state travel approximately two times a year.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is $53,730 - $76,440, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.