A $500 sign-on bonus will be provided after successful completion of 90 days of employment
Come grow with us! Elite DNA Behavioral Health is one of the largest providers of behavioral and mental health services in Florida – and we’re expanding quickly! We believe in providing high-quality, accessible care to our patients and a supportive environment that allows our team to grow professionally.
Our goal is to hire you – the best talent – to support our mission and allow you to grow with us.
We thrive on a mutual goal of providing excellent care to our patients through our comprehensive care services and collaborative culture. Elite DNA is the pioneer of the care coordination approach to mental health, where all patients are matched with their ideal services and providers prior to receiving direct care. Our team is at the forefront of providing leading-edge therapy services – from psychotherapy to psychiatry – to specialized programs such as psychosocial rehabilitation, EMDR, and group therapy.
Everything we do here at Elite DNA is guided by integrity and compassion for our patients and employees.
When you join the Elite DNA team, you’ll feel proud to be a part of the group that helps children, adults, and families in our communities live better lives.
Elite DNA Behavioral Health is seeking to hire a Front Desk Receptionist to join our team in our Ft. Myers, Florida office.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
As Front Desk Receptionist with Elite DNA Therapy, your primary responsibility is the daily supervision of the receptionist’s staff. To ensure all team members are greeting incoming patients and visitors, relaying incoming telephone calls, and performing various clerical duties in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation.
- Generate required documents for each patient and ensure all documents are completed in full.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures.
- Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Work closely with Provider and Medical Assistant staff to assure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Communicate patient’s problem/complaint to the clinic manager or his/her designee.
- Strong sensory skills, such as visual acuity, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move constantly throughout the workday.
- Work closely with Clinic Managers and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up, per policies and procedures.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft office.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Promotes and believes in Elite DNA's mission statement.
- Bilingual Preferred: Fluent in Spanish.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, move, and/or carry up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, phones plus, the ability to type at least 35 wpm.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to relate to patients, through familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedure.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Ability to communicate with people and understand their problems.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate/GED.
- Formal training from a vocational school in lieu of the above.
- One year of medical experience from a similar setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position earns competitive compensation plus a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, annual PTO of 15 days with tenure recognition incentives, one additional paid day for your birthday and Employee Assistance Program. We also offer opportunities for growth, as well as a great team atmosphere that empowers you to seek better ways to deliver service and take ownership of outcomes in providing quality service and support.
To apply visit www.elitedna.com/careers