At Refined Technologies, we believe operating with an eternal purpose fuels excellence. Culture is our differentiator. At the heart of our culture is a focus on community. RTI is a fast-growing organization with unique communication needs, connecting 300+ field-based, shop, and Support Center Artisans.
The Director of Communications is focused on culture building through alignment, care, celebration, change management, and clear messaging to meet business objectives for an innovative and fast-paced organization. This position collaborates closely with our Director of Marketing and Chief of Staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish, measure, and improve a multi-channel communications strategy (based on an established communication plan methodology)
- Communication Projects (e.g. sustainability report which we call a community coffee table book, community videos)
- Prepare and manage excellent, engaging communications material with clear and consistent messaging, connected to the RTI Playbook and our strategy for each business line and overall corporate strategy.
- Ensure brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Supervise and lead a team of communication professionals. Work closely with Marketing and Admin teams. Leverage 3rd parties (events, media, etc.) as an extension of our team.
- Work closely with GMs and business leaders to integrate change management into communication campaigns. Coach GMs and business leaders before presentations. Collect feedback and advise further communication requirements to ensure messaging resonates and achieves results.
- Manage communication budget (engagement, rewards/celebration through Blueboard, print media, video creation, etc.)
- Work closely with Summit planning team (once a year, all-Artisan event) and support development of leadership presentations and celebration screens as well as happygrams (awards follow up)
- Manage follow up to shout-out tool; celebrate Artisan of the Months, new hires, and promotions.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions. Invest in value-creating activities; drop activities without return.
- Manage missions resource and collaborate with EVP Community on missions activities, relationships, touchpoints.
- Lead crisis management communications including weather, pandemic, safety issues, resignations, etc.
- Involved with company initiatives to ensure change management activities are taking place well ahead of implementation and stakeholder engagement happens from business case through adoption. Responsible for communication plans associated with organizational changes.
- Responsible for engagement with families/spouses as well as Artisans and recruits. Responsible for Facebook channel and collaborates with Marketing on recruitment/Artisan/missions posts on LinkedIn.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in journalism, communications, public relations, or business)
- 10 years business experience leading key teams, functions, or initiatives
- 5 years of experience in content creation for internal / external audiences
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Prior experience managing complex projects advising senior team members and executives
- Exceptional leadership skills including crucial conversations, coaching, and crisis management.
- Must have demonstrated strength in prioritization and show managerial courage to push back on ideas.
- Passion for culture, people, engagement strategies, creativity, and improvement!
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Loves to write. Creates content quickly and easily.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Canva, PowerPoint, Vimeo, Simpletext
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
This role regularly works in an office setting. Requires the ability to lift 15-20 pounds to move business materials as needed. Some events will require being on your feet for long hours of the day.
NOTE: Support Center Artisans are working a hybrid schedule. 3 days/week in the office and 2 days/week at home. However, several weeks require multiple days in the office (e.g. New Hire Orientation week, Summit, etc.). Supervisors should desire to be in the office frequently in support of their people and internal customers. This job requires active engagement with people in the office.
This position needs to connect with Artisans in all offices, virtually and in person. Travel for executions and events is likely and varied. Average travel in 2022 was 15 days of travel with <10 “late nights” for New Hire Orientation dinners, mission partners fundraising dinners, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Refined Technologies, Inc. without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (e.g., TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.