Streetsense is looking for a dynamic Human Resource Manager who will focus on supporting our teams as they grow within our Uncommon Collective. As our Human Resource Manager, you will oversee the HR function by providing critical tactical support. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to benefits and leave administration, performance management, change management, and HR compliance.
This role will be an integral part of the Streetsense People Team and will serve as a thoughtful and strategic partner to our People managers, and will contribute to overall HR Strategy and team goal-setting processes. You are an empathetic employee advocate possessing compliance and tactical HR skills and knowledge.
This role is based in our DC Headquarters and requires in office collaboration 2-3 days per week. This role reports to our Head of People Experience.
HR Process + Projects
- Develop and deploy strategic processes to streamline and make the people part of work easy.
- Help to improve our HRIS, support business operation tools, as well as provide effective training and reinforcement systems for users.
- Assist in maintaining and improving People-related policies (e.g., Handbook), procedures and practices to ensure compliance.
- Own and champion processes to facilitate key talent retention efforts such as performance feedback, coaching/counseling/corrective actions, employee recognition and rewards, and talent review.
- Lead and/or supervise the day-to-day processes including promotions benefits administration and open enrollment, records updates, and compliance matters.
- Remain current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Identify process bottlenecks early and resolve quickly.
- Lead strategic HR projects as assigned such as annual compensation planning surveys, annual renewal of benefit plans, merger, and acquisition support, etc.
- Manage the cadence of People-related activities, milestones, and celebrations, and maintain the company calendar.
- Partner with outside resources to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and legislation for all assigned business lines.
- Manage special leave and accommodation requests including FMLA and ADA and any local Paid Family Leave programs.
- Review and update Employee Handbook as needed.
Development + Coaching
- Guide orientation and ramp-up for new employees in assigned business lines ensuring a focus on both function and culture.
- Provide tailored and insightful coaching to supervisors and employees.
- In collaboration with supervisors, deliver and document performance coaching focused on genuine desire to help employees thrive.
- In collaboration with outside resources, support effective, thorough, objective and expeditious investigations.
- Help supervisors develop and deliver effective individual development plans to high potential employees.
- Support performance and development programming and career mapping, skills, and leadership training programs.
- Support bi-annual compensation and performance evaluations.
Branding + Culture
- Develop and support the Streetsense employment brand and culture through design, development, implementation, and administration of HR initiatives and programs aligned with business requirements which will enhance the organization’s employee loyalty and overall success.
- Conduct thoughtful exit conversations with departing employees and use data to improve brand.
- Collaborate with Finance to provide input on benefit plan design for health and welfare programs and 401K packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including benefits administration, FMLA, diversity, performance management, and compliance.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or similar
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with demonstrated acumen managing sensitive information while remaining mindful of various stakeholder priorities.
- Collaborative spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and driven with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Track record of aligning with business goals and recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to provide continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of talent.
- Able to communicate all types of messages in all mediums.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom.
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems preferred, and/or willingness to develop proficiency.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.