Provide high quality trauma-informed clinical services to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, human trafficking, child abuse and incest, and their families/significant others who have experienced sexual assault and/or domestic violence.
Expectations of Every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- All employees must be familiar and compliant with the policies & procedures of the organization, and follow the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
- Provide crisis intervention and professional counseling/therapy, as well as information and referral services, to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, human trafficking, child abuse and incest, and secondary victims.
- Work closely with Advocates and other YWCA staff to ensure integration of programing, consistency, and comprehensive services across the continuum.
- Provide trauma-informed services to all survivors.
- Provide a mix of individual, family, and group therapy opportunities.
- Collaborate with other service providers, businesses, government, and/or stakeholders as needed to provide services to clients.
- Share information about services to obtain referrals.
- Research topics and emerging trends in the area of Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault to enhance programs and ensure best practices.
- Documentation & reporting.
- Evaluate and develop services as needed to address emerging needs.
- Maintain clinical records according to program and CARF accreditation standards.
- Assure maintenance of appropriate records for program outcomes.
- Ensure professional development training is met according to program and continuing education requirements.
- Work closely with other departments and staff.
- Other duties as assigned to meet service goals.
- Completed Master's Degree in mental health counseling, psychology, social work, or related field required.
- Licensure in mental health counseling, social work, marriage & Family therapy, or related field required.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Crisis Intervention Training.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues and patterns and their effects on women, men, and children.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully interact with diverse populations, including clients, co-workers, and agency.
- Experience in crisis intervention.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when handling confidential and sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- proficient in Microsoft Office and Google including Gmail, Word and Excel.
- 3-5 years of clinical experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with general office equipment (copiers, printers).
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files.
- Must comply with the organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel in this position.