The Offsite Environmental Monitoring Technician will perform Environmental Monitoring (EM) of pharmaceutical cleanrooms and the associated spaces on a daily basis according to FDA, cGMP and Boston Analytical's/Client Standard Operating Procedures. The position is primarily in the Framingham, MA area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects routine daily, weekly and monthly EM samples in pharmaceutical cleanrooms. Sample types include air viable, surface viable, and air nonviable monitoring.
- Collects compressed gas samples to ensure they are free of microbial and chemical contamination.
- Samples purified water system at both generation and point of use for subsequent analysis for Bioburden, TOC, Conductivity, and Endotoxin.
- Clearly documents sample collection activities according to client requirements.
- Promptly delivers the associated collected samples to the onsite client lab for analysis.
- Performs assigned sampling tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instruction.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to cGMP, Company, client and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Participates in company sponsored training.
- Maintains productive work ethic.
Shift Schedule: Wednesday through Saturday 8 am to 6:30 pm
A high school diploma or GED is required, Associates degree preferred. Science classes or an associates degree in a scientific discipline is preferred. An Offsite Environmental Monitoring Technician should be willing to attend technical training classes to enhance skills or correct identified deficiencies. There is no minimal related work experience required. Weekend work is required.
Minimum Skills Requirements
Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently. Self-starting motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills and who is able to effectively interact with all departments with the Company. Must have good organizational and verbal communication skills. Basic computer skills required. Experience with cGMP is preferred. Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.