The Lead Maintenance Technician reports to the Associate Director of Facility and Maintenance and is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance that are timely and accurate. Performance of building maintenance tasks will include one or more fields (e.g., carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC). Support the needs of the business and general work requirements as assigned. Follow all safety procedures and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Complete Facility Tree work orders including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, painting, and appliances.
- Electrical- perform routine electrical repairs such as: wiring, fuses, fixtures and sockets, and repair/install/service HVAC systems.
- Plumbing- perform routine plumbing repairs such as: replace/repair/service water heaters, clear drainlines, and replace broken pipes, worn out washers- gaskets and or faucets and floats.
- Carpentry- perform routine carpentry repair such as: kitchen cabinets, window screens/glass, door locks, and plaster/drywall.
- Mechanical- perform routine mechanical repair such as: repair/diagnose all major appliances and other needed power tools.
- Other unskilled tasks such as: interior and exterior painting, floor tile installation and repair, interior cleaning, tree/shrub trimming, debris removal
- Inventory- identifying, cataloging, and procuring necessary materials used in maintenance operation
- Perform preventative maintenance and general repairs of exterior and interior systems of Aspire buildings and residences.
- Responsible for being on-call for emergency work orders in both Aspire buildings and residences.
- Assist in snow/ice removal (where applicable)
- Basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance
- Recognize when specialized knowledge is necessary and source appropriate resources.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture including unloading and storing supplies.
- Attend all mandatory employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars.
- Understand and follow all safety protocols.
Reporting to this Position: None
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Appliance repair experience
- Valid and acceptable driving record
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Technical training or extensive hands-on experience required
- Ability to carry out other tasks, perform physical labor, operate tools and machinery, and lift at least 80 lbs.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) proficiency
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Forklift Certification
- (HVAC) Certification preferred