At Refined Technologies, we believe operating with an eternal purpose fuels excellence. This guides everything we do; it gives us a purpose that is greater than ourselves. RTI is the leader in the chemical cleaning segment of the refining industry, providing patented chemistries, processes, and equipment for cleaning and treating units during shutdowns. While focused on clients, we are fueled by our mission to: Honor God Always, Help People Develop, Pursue Excellence, and Earn a Profit.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial-minded organization full of servant-hearted leaders. Want to know more about our culture? Check out the RTI Playbook. If you’re ready for your work to matter, we’re ready to hear from you!
We are always looking for talent for our Operations Manager team – we are growing fast! Our locations include Canada (Fort McMurray and Sherwood Park), Beaumont, Baton Rouge, Chicago, Corpus Christi, Pasadena, Gulf Coast, West Coast, Rockies, and Tulsa.
RTI employs a staff of Operations Management personnel that are highly experienced in operating petroleum refining and/or chemicals processes and equipment. On a daily basis, our Operations Managers work with refinery operations personnel and turnaround professionals to plan and carry out process unit shutdown, clearing, and chemical cleaning strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates with or leads a team of RTI employees as they execute clearing and cleaning activities in refineries.
- Creates, reviews, and implements MOC-level clearing and cleaning plans using computer-based documents and developer programs.
- Follows and implements best practices through consistent use of RTI’s project planning and execution Roadmap.
- Trains appropriate client personnel on RTI’s cleaning and clearing strategies.
- Follows-up with clients to ensure that we meet or exceed their expectations.
- Conducts business in a safe manner consistent with RTI’s Core Behaviors, with an emphasis on a servant's heart and competitive urgency.
- Builds key relationships with multiple levels of employees at our client companies.
- Participates in sales presentations, lending plant expertise to specific application strategies.
- Controls costs through daily prudent decisions.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies both internally (RTI) and externally (client).
- Ensures that effective JSAs are in completed and reviewed and all client site entry and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Provides as an onsite safety liaison for projects in his/her control.
- Completes Incident Reports and participates in cause finding and corrective action.
- Completes all projects close out tasks and documentation.
- On some occasions will be a Lead Operations Manager, having responsibility for others on the team.
- Provides direction to part-time Operations Technicians.
- Five years of refinery, upgrader, gas plant, or chemical plant operations experience
- Experience leading teams in a refinery, upgrader, gas plant, or chemical plant
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Supervisory or lead turnaround experience in a refinery, upgrader, gas plant, or chemical plant
- Understanding of complex process units and piping circuits.
- Ability to plan unit cleanings in a simple yet effective manner.
- Diagnose and solve problems during the actual applications.
- Quickly master all software tools required for project planning and execution.
- Knowledge of hazardous environments and plant safety requirements.
- Must have an interest in helping others (servant’s heart), work well as a team member and enjoy developing new relationships.
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate plans to plant personnel at multiple organizational levels.
- Lead and build teams of a diverse group of people (RTI, Client, other Contractors) during implementation.
- Work as a self-starter and manage projects with minimal management oversight.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Planning work is done both in office and plant settings.
- Execution work will require 12-hour shifts in a plant for 7-10 days at a time. Potential to work nights and weekends to support Field needs.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders, and be on your feet for long periods of time (12+ hours)
Ability to travel to outlying markets for supporting a growing list of clients across North America and International Markets. OM positions typically average 100 nights of travel per year, depending on the region.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Refined Technologies, Inc. without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (e.g., TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.