Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Market Operations Specialist 4 on the Markets Operations team, you will monitor and support products and services relating to electronic trading technology and market making in digital asset markets. You will also support products and services relating to the custody of digital assets. You will work closely with our Risk, Security Engineering and Blockchain teams to monitor, support, plan, and test Bakkt’s proprietary systems.
- Provide front-line real time monitoring of Bakkt electronic trading systems and support to all Bakkt institutional custody customers
- Manage digital asset transactions and perform asset balance reconciliations
- Develop business cases and work with key stakeholders on requirements
- Communicate and develop product strategy based on market competition, regulatory considerations and customer demand
- Secure cross business alignment for product readiness and deployment
- Produce periodic operational reports, surveille custody systems, document and update internal procedures, and record customer queries
- Support the onboarding and training of new customers and resolve customer issues on an ongoing basis
- Monitor the health and usage of all systems and vendors and escalate high priority issues to appropriate personnel
- Resolve customer queries by understanding proprietary custody, trading and back-office support systems
- Assist in quality assurance testing of new system functionality and support ongoing tests of system back-up capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of work experience in an operations, trading, or technical role
- Must be able to Independently operate and make decisions in complex situations
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced understanding of distributed ledger technology, specifically public blockchains like Bitcoin, is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of risk
- Strong technical skills; software development life cycle knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of markets and trading
- Exposure to financial trading environment, commodity markets, FX trading, bond trading, etc.
- Market making exposure is a plus
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional telephone manner
- A security first mindset with strong attention to detail and ability to perform under stressful situations
P.S. this is a hybrid position that will require employees to be in the office 3/5 days in the week.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.