At Refined Technologies, we believe operating with an eternal purpose fuels excellence. This guides everything we do; it gives us a purpose that is greater than ourselves. RTI is the leader in the chemical cleaning segment of the refining industry, providing patented chemistries, processes, and equipment for cleaning and treating units during shutdowns. While focused on clients, we are fueled by our mission to: Honor God Always, Help People Develop, Pursue Excellence, and Earn a Profit.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial-minded organization full of servant-hearted leaders. Want to know more about our culture? Check out the RTI Playbook. If you’re ready for your work to matter, we’re ready to hear from you!
We’re currently growing our team of Artisans with a Reactive Chemistry Specialist. This position is the operations manager for RTI’s reactive chemistry business. The Reactive Chemistry Specialist is responsible for planning and executing RTI’s reactive chemistry processes, assisting in building and maintaining a training program for the RTI operations organization, finding additional applications for our technologies both within and outside of the refining industry and helping the business development organization increase revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ownership, improve, and grow the business. Develop relationships and regularly interface with clients’ maintenance, operations, engineering, and turnaround leadership teams (ex: Area Supervisor and one level up).
- Ensures continuous improvements, consistency, and identifies new applications and markets.
- Lead technical business development discussions with clients.
- Attend or present at industry events (Stratco, AFPM etc.).
- Help review all neutralization plans for RC projects, providing operations approval for all RC projects & field reviewing major projects.
- Participate in REDI reviews for projects.
- Providing in-field supervision for key projects.
- Performing as Execution Lead OM on RC projects as necessary.
- Participating and leading reviews of client shutdown procedures in order to improve clearing plans and integrate RTI Neutralization procedures.
- Coordinating with Directors of Business Development or Supervisor for:
o Planning schedules
o Chemistry allocation for projects
o Staffing requirements
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement for the RC business.
- Identifying business opportunities in new industries and additional applications in the refining industry.
o pH treat
o Merox units
o Ammonia plants
o Amine treaters
o Caustic treaters
o Sour water units
- Help develop acid washing processes for the operations organization.
- Help develop and maintain all applicable work processes and standards.
- Help develop and maintain a training and certification process for the broader organization.
No direct supervisory responsibility. Indirectly will be supervising project plans, executions, etc.
- Qualified candidates must be familiar with operations of refineries, chemical plants and/or upgraders.
- Minimum of 5 years process engineering or operations experience at a refinery, chemical plant or upgrader.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate RTI Values and Core Behaviors on a continual basis.
- Ability to confidently lead a team of Operations Managers that plan and execute work.
- Lead by example in planning, executing and driving successful projects.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Efficiently and effectively handle multiple activities at one time.
- Quickly and thoroughly review cleaning plans.
- Comfortably meet with client leadership.
- Perform project planning and execution on occasion.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Work is executed both in an office setting and in industrial sites. Most of the planning and review work takes place in the office, with some site work as well. When involved in execution of projects, working 12 hour shifts for a week or so will be required.
When on execution, will be required to carry equipment (up to 40 pounds), climb stairs and ladders, work in inclement weather and be on one’s feet for a 12-hour shift.
RTI will provide appropriate PP&E: fireproof clothing, hard hat, safety shoes, gloves, etc. Some facilities require the use of respirators.
Would likely spend 100-120 nights away from home in a year.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Refined Technologies, Inc. without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (e.g., TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.