Verland is hiring Exceptional People to provide Compassionate Care as a Behavioral Specialist at our Sewickley campus. Our Mission is that "We believe that every person deserves a safe, enriching, and stable environment in which to thrive with dignity and respect. Our mission is to provide individualized, innovative care and ongoing support for people in our community with complex physical and intellectual challenges. "
Verland's Vision is simple "To lead the way in transformative care, for those with complex needs, allowing all individuals the power to live a life of dignity and contribute to our society to the full extent of their abilities."
- Provides and supports client care delivery in accordance with established practice standards and facility/departmental/regulatory/payor policies and procedures for clinical setting and populations served
- Work in collaboration with the Psychologist to carry out all interventions as outlined in psychological evaluation and findings
- Proficiency in creating and implementing Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Collects, analyzes and monitors all data as required
- Conducts on-site, individualized monitoring of psychosocial and behavioral needs with all Verland residents as-needed.
- Utilizes applied behavioral analysis methodology/techniques to produce socially significant improvements in human behavior or to prevent loss of attained skill or function, through client skill acquisition and the reduction of problematic behavior
- Assists interdisciplinary teams in developing and implementing Positive Behavior Support Plans for each assigned individual
- Acts as an advocate for assigned individuals ensuring that treatment, care and training appropriately address each assigned individual’s psycho-social and behavior needs consistent with standards of service excellence
- Provides training/in-service and orientation to designated staff related to evidence-based best practices to ensure overall staff understanding of and competence in implementing behavioral procedures
- Models sensitivity, courtesy and cooperation in all interactions with persons served, staff and the public to facilitate positive working and living relationships
- Shall comply with existing Pennsylvania requirements regarding the provision of behavioral intervention services. Proof of current state licensure must be furnished to Verland at the time of hire, and maintained by the Behavior Specialist.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for clients, visitors and staff
- Independently engages in professional development in accordance with state licensure requirements, and to maintain best practice standards
- Participates in the quarterly monitoring process with the psychologist and psychiatrist to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Performs other related duties as required
Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Must possess a knowledge of current practices in the IDD field
- Must have thorough understanding of education/training principles
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with all fellow employees and supervisory staff, promoting a team concept
- Must demonstrate leadership and organizational skills
Minimum Experience and Training
- Master's degree or higher in psychology, counseling, special education, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, behavior analysis, nursing, or other related field
- Active Pennsylvania Behavior Specialist License is required.
- 1-3 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities (IDD)
- Requires familiarity with Windows operating systems, email communication, word processing and spreadsheet software
- On-the-job training is provided by Psychologist, Psychiatrist Habilitation Services Manager and other related personnel on various treatment techniques and interdepartmental methods and procedures
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Verland may reimburse the Behavior Specialist for attending continuing education programs on a case-by-case basis
Up to 2 weeks paid training provided by Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual’s support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.