- Routinely inspects, maintains, and services all vineyard equipment, shop equipment and vehicles, including but not limited to trucks, forklifts, loaders, tractors and implements at all vineyard locations.
- Performs minor and routine repairs including but not limited to welding, cutting, fabrication, painting, plumbing and electrical wiring.
- Irrigation/Frost Protection system maintenance and repair.
- May be asked to assist in frost protection duties.
- Loads and transports a variety of farming equipment to various locations. Picks-up and delivers parts and supplies to all locations.
- During harvest, may be asked to weigh, load and haul grapes and/or other commodities to various wineries and facilities.
- Help create and maintain up-to-date service and replacement records for vineyard equipment, vehicles, and machinery.
- Responds in a timely fashion to problems related to equipment and building maintenance and repair.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Communicates needs for major repairs or additions to equipment inventory to appropriate manager. Makes recommendations to the vineyard manager for upgrades or cost savings to maintenance operations and/or equipment.
- Coordinates major repairs with outside vendors as necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of mechanical training or certification program preferred.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Clean DMV, Class A with doubles endorsement or Class C with willingness to upgrade to Class A is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of vineyard equipment repair and maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and industrial maintenance.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Experience reading and using equipment manuals, equipment drawings and electrical schematics to diagnose and resolve equipment problems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and carry up to and above 75 pounds.
- Use ladders and scaffolds.
- Work at heights and in inclement weather.
- Work near moving machinery parts, heavy machinery parts and tools, hoists, etc.
- Exposure to gasoline, diesel, lubricants, gases appropriate during welding operations.
- Noise levels are frequently moderate to loud.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Heat and cold exposure and long hours during peak seasons of harvest and frost.
- Work is often performed outdoors in a vineyard. The individual may come in contact with vines that have been treated with pesticides and fungicides as well as weeds that have been sprayed with herbicides in accordance with all local state and federal regulations.
- Frequent travel between vineyard locations in both Sonoma and Napa County.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.