- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL proficiency preferred
TLC Diversity Statement
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
The Director of Development is charged with leading the creation, and implementation, of mission-aligned Resource Development and Marketing plans focused on growth. This role will serve, organization-wide, to support program staff in maintaining and increasing revenue in alignment with TLC’s mission and priorities. The position serves as the leader of the TLC Advancement Office, and responsibilities include grant acquisition and administration, fundraising, marketing, branding and communication.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position also works closely with the CEO, Superintendent, Controller, and program leaders to support TLC’s current and future operating needs, as well as potential areas for growth. As the organization’s Director of Development, this position is charged with leading TLC’s Advancement Department, fundraising initiatives, which includes individual giving, events, private foundation grants and corporate sponsorships, and special campaigns. Additionally, this position identifies competitive private foundation, corporate, state, and federal funding opportunities in alignment with TLC’s strategic priorities. In support of these efforts, this position is charged with facilitating collaboration among TLC departments pursuing like revenue streams, recommending and implementing systems to support and strengthen coordination of resource procurement and management among TLC’s diverse lines of service.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify grant opportunities for the organization
- Support Program Leaders in applying for, and managing, external funding in ways that align with the organization’s Strategic Plan and overall growth.
- Development, submission, and management of competitive state and federal agency, and corporate and foundation grant proposals and bids
- Conceive and lead organization fundraising initiatives and a robust fundraising campaign.
- Develop and implement strategy to increase individual giving, including major giving
- Develop and implement strategy to coordinate and champion fundraising for TLC programs.
- Oversee fundraising and stewardship events and donor communications.
Marketing & Communications:
- Project strategy and tracking measurable results.
- Lead and support the Advancement Team, in collaboration with the Executive Team, to execute crisis communications.
- Oversee the design, implementation and management of TLC’s visibility, media, communication and marketing campaigns for the purpose of fund development, staff & community engagement and recruitment
- Develop and implement annual PR and marketing plan
- Manage department budget
- Supervise and support Advancement Department Team and their development
- Maintain, and create as needed, manuals on standard operation procedures for all events and other job functions.
- Participation as an active member in relevant local and regional foundations and organizations for the purpose of networking and gaining insight into future partnership and funding opportunities.
- Support the execution and communication of special events
- Work with the Advancement Team to ensure volunteer and visitor experience & procedures are efficient, consistent and welcoming.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Master’s Degree in business, communication, organizational development, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a resource development role, including providing direct supervision to staff members
- Experience with government grants and contracts, foundation, and corporate grants and sponsorships, and individual fundraising/development in educational or non-profit organization
- Demonstrated track record of helping to position an organization to achieve measurable outcomes in a competitive environment
- Excellent promotional skills, outstanding communications skills, and extensive persuasive writing and editing experience and skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects, including meeting tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of social media as a tool to engage and deepen relationships with the media and public
- Conversational fluency in American Sign Language preferred, a willingness to work toward proficiency is required