Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Middle School Latin Teacher. Teachers will utilize current strategies and theories to plan and implement structured lessons to instruct students. Teachers will be responsible for creating and maintaining a supervised learning environment that is conducive to learning and safe for all students. This position reports to the Upper School Principal.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages development and implementation of the school program of instruction for specific grade and classroom.
- Create and instruct a program of study that complies with GADOE standards and School goals and objectives while also meeting the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students, as much as possible.
- Establishes, and communicates, clear objectives in lessons, assignments, and projects to work in tandem with curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives in student instruction.
- Leads assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Demonstrates commitment to the school’s mission, academic program, and student academic outcomes as outlined in the approved charter.
- Establishes, models, and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related field required
- Experience working with children in an educational setting required
- Ability and willingness to obtain a Clearance Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission required
- Classical Curriculum experience is preferred but not required
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site.
Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”