House Manager-Part Time
Duluth, GA • Theater
Under general supervision of the Theater Manager, perform various duties in connection with scheduled events and acts in the Theater and acting as a “shift leader”. This is a part-time/temporary position that may be scheduled to work outside of normal business hours.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise event staff. Provide the necessary training and information to guarantee the staff remains well informed of the day’s events.
- Coordinate with Theater Manager to ensure the event’s special requirements are met. Working with applicable departments (Ticket Office, Tech Services, Etc.) as needed.
- Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to the appropriate seats.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
- Coordinate special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, students, and groups.
- Complete House Manager Reports, Incident Reports and any other necessary paperwork as needed.
- Assist in other night of show FOH and BOH activities as required. Assisting with merchandising, catering, rider needs, etc.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Be able to get in and around the facility – position requires personal mobility.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising effective judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and one to two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.