Atlanta Classical Academy is currently seeking volleyball coaches for the following: Middle School Girls Volleyball, High School Girls Volleyball, and JV Girls Volleyball. The Volleyball Coach reports to the Athletic Director. This is a part-time position paid via stipend.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the well-being of students enrolled in athletics, while ensuring school’s program standards.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate practices for athletes, teaching athletes to develop their skills, the rules of volleyball and how to successfully implement strategies and tactics within a game.
- Communicates with parents as necessary regarding any issues, game or practices changes, etc.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma required, College Degree preferred
- Experience playing volleyball at high school or college level required
- Experience working with children preferred
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”