Reports To: Growth and Marketing Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: FTE1. The position reports 100% of time to Practice Greenhealth
Posting Date: January 26, 2023
Closing Date: Application review will begin on February 17, 2022. Interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000
Practice Greenhealth is the leading sustainable health care organization, delivering environmental solutions to more than 1,500 hospitals and health systems in the United States and Canada. Partnership opportunities include NGOs, nonprofits, government, academic institutions, and the health care value chain. Founded on the principles of positive environmental stewardship within the health care community, Practice Greenhealth lends its expertise to organizations looking to create safer, healthier workplaces as well as improve the health of their patients, staff, and communities.
The Member Services & Growth Manager is both an association membership management role, as well as a strategic sales and marketing position primarily focusing on consultative sales of health care industry organization memberships to senior health care executives in the United States and Canada. This role requires experience in association management, member services, successfully selling sustainability-related products and services to executives and decision-makers across various functions. An understanding of the operating environment in health care, an inquisitive mindset, and the ability to effectively articulate the business case and value proposition for sustainability is key to success in this role. Collaborating across teams and programmatic areas is an essential element of the role. Responsibilities include managing and retaining current members, invoicing and association management tasks, lead qualification and management, opportunity development, relationship, and consultative sales strategy creation and execution for health care organizations ranging from one hospital to over 100. The manager is responsible for contributing to an annual growth budget that steadily increases year over year and is instrumental in the development and execution of all revenue-generating strategies for the combined organizations.
- Association membership management, relationship management, and financial management to preserve and enhance the value of the organization and deliver superior customer service.
- Prospecting, marketing, and sales implementation to promote the organization’s offerings with a goal to get more network partners, sponsors, and advisory services opportunities.
- Basic association membership management tasks such as periodic surveys, renewal notifications, invoice generation, problem resolution, customer service principles, service delivery, and relationship management.
- Implement all aspects of Practice Greenhealth’s network partner acquisition, retention efforts, and campaigns. This includes developing detailed plans, targeting specific audiences, and tracking the outcome of the various efforts.
- Focus primarily on the acquisition of new member organizations to grow our network while creating revenue for the organization.
- Directly responsible for cold calls, lead qualification, and management, web conferences, and meetings with senior executives and decision-makers, facilitating all aspects of the opportunity through successful close.
- Be creative and strategic with the ability to identify new opportunities on how to pitch a prospect.
- Write and present effectively – fit the message with the audience, have a strong ability to get the message across, and be persuasive.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all revenue products and benefits and ancillary products.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the health care industry, primarily the hospitals and health systems, as well as the larger, extended industry supply chain and other connected organizations.
- Execute and manage email marketing campaigns.
- Utilize and evaluate market research and adjust sales marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales revenue, projections, and areas of proposed opportunities.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Manage pipeline software (Pipedrive) and ensure real-time and accurate record of growth activity in AMS database (NetFORUM) and Google Drive.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industry sector sustainability activity and innovations.
- Assist the Sustainability Solutions team with building and managing partner relationships.
- Manage overall customer satisfaction throughout network partner sales and support processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Director.
- Website content development, CMS (Drupal) proficiency, graphic design, and/or email marketing campaign experience are a plus, but not required.
- Contributes to and implements strategic sales marketing plans and forecasts to achieve organizational goals.
- Contributes to the development and management of growth and marketing operating budgets.
- Work with the Director, Growth and Marketing and Director, Sustainability Solutions to strengthen partner (member) retention.
- Minimum Education: BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Management or related field. Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education.
- Minimum Experience: 3 years.
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Marketing, Business, Sales, Management, Association management or related field.
- Preferred Experience: 5 years.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Sales, marketing, or business in the health care operations field.
Job-Specific Competencies Required:
- Must have demonstrated success achieving significant revenue by developing an effective prospecting and cultivation strategy;
- Fast learner with the ability to comprehend and communicate advocacy issues that affect Practice Greenhealth partners (members).
- Demonstrated success developing and managing strategic marketing plans.
- Experience marketing and promoting a membership organization or revenue-generating programs.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally (e.g. nonprofit partners, vendors, media contacts).
- Flexible, adaptable, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated success in an entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically.
- Creative, with the ability to identify effective and visually strong aesthetics.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail combined with an ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Sales and managerial Experience.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and develop new accounts.
- Ability to create sales goals for new and existing accounts.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and/or the coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and/or services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Healthcare Sustainability: Basic understanding of technical components of healthcare sustainability. Desired knowledge of the underlying technology and research regarding sustainability in healthcare. Desired knowledge of the language and terminologies used in healthcare and healthcare sustainability.
- Computer/Software Skills: Ability to work with Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google products such as Google Drive and Google Documents. Previous experience with CRM software, especially AMS software.
- Partner Benefits: General understanding and knowledge of partner (member) benefits offered and how partners experience value.
What’s In It For You?
- Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring and your colleagues care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
- Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
- Be part of an inspirational global network.
- Fantastic benefits!
To Apply or Inquire
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to cultivating and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We believe that systems can only be transformed when a diversity of voices, perspectives, and lived experiences are a part of the movement for change. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in addressing systemic racism within our organization and to serve the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. Health Care Without Harm/Practice Greenhealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, upload a cover letter along with your resume to Scott Rich, Growth and Marketing Director, via this link. Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. Application review will begin on February 17, 2022 and we will be Interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.