At UpStream we believe good health is a state of independence where each person has the capacity to live a long, happy, and active life. We aim to deliver the type of care our members need to regain and maintain their independence by delivering effective, efficient, and sustainable care. We are a growing company and are excited to invite caring, detailed, and team-oriented people to join our team.
Who we are
UpStream is a trusted partner, helping to free up primary care physicians to focus on what is most valuable to them and their patients. We enable participation in advanced payment models through integrated clinical, financial and technology support and systems, while working to eliminate the burden of chronic disease. To achieve this, we embed a powerful support platform that facilitates physicians, pharmacists, and nurses to achieve the greatest recognition in value-based care so that patients can live longer, happier, and independent lives.
How you'll help
At UpStream, our Pharmacy Deliver Drivers are responsible for delivery and pick-up of patient orders for medications, supplies and equipment.
Under supervision, you are responsible for delivery and pick-up of patient orders for medications, supplies and equipment in a safe, accurate, courteous, effective, and timely manner. In addition, responsible for designated activities related to miscellaneous pharmacy duties as required which may include cleaning and maintenance of vehicle, and general pharmacy duties.
- Handle medication / supply deliveries for the Pharmacy to cover the service areas.
- Accepts add-on deliveries required to meet business needs
- Clean and inspect company vehicle to ensure proper presentation and cleanliness when arriving at the patients' homes. Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicle in clean and proper working order per organization policy and procedure. Informs supervisor of any mechanical problems
- Coordinate paperwork and payment details with the patients
- Communicate with the Branch or Pharmacy Manager / Pharmacy Lead regarding all patient questions and / or issues; prepare driver's notes as needed
- Provide backup pharmacy functions when required (e.g. emptying trash, managing routes).
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
- Perform pick - up of returned medication, completes appropriate paperwork for returned patient meds
- Perform various pharmacy duties such picking and packing orders and general organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Valid Driver's license and Valid Insurance
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Ability to drive during inclement weather
- Ability to drive at night
- Ability to work flexible hours between 9am - 9pm Monday - Friday. (A typical work week will consist of working 30-40 hours a week unless hired for Part Time)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you may be required to screen for COVID-19 symptoms In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Greensboro, NC (Required)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the main site (UpStream vehicle used for deliveries)
- Unencumbered NC Driver (Required)
- Defensive driving course (Preferred)
Certain team members may be required to meet special dress, grooming and hygiene standards, such as wearing uniforms or protective clothing, depending on the nature of their job. Uniforms and protective clothing may be required for certain positions and will be provided to employees by UpStream.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.