Miyamoto International is in business to make the world a better, safer place. We provide expert high-performance earthquake + structural engineering and disaster mitigation services, as well as response and reconstruction assistance to some of the world’s most devastating disasters. Our work improves the environment and safety of pre- and post-disaster communities, schools, hospitals, historical monuments, international icons and more.
We are currently seeking an Associate Principal to be based out of our West Sacramento office. Miyamoto International is among the nation’s fastest growing structural engineering companies. With 25 locations across the globe and growing, our team members adapt to new challenges that reflect the diverse needs of the domestic and international communities we serve.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- To lead and manage a team of engineers and designers
- Plan and execute the preparation of structural calculations and documents for complex building projects
- Prepare proposals and assist in the establishment and management of project budgets and schedules
- Create and maintain client relationships
- Attend targeted industry events
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward business-development strategies. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strives to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
The salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$150,000.00 per year. Salary offers are determined using a variety of factors, including but not limited to: years of experience, education, depth of knowledge, geographic location, and equity with internal staff.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering or related field, Master’s preferred
- At least 8+ structural and earthquake engineering design experience
- In depth experience with design of vertical structures of commonly used materials such as concrete, steel, masonry, and wood
- OSHPD and DSA experience
- Proficiency in writing and oral presentations as well as possess excellent communication skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- PE license required; SE preferred