The Sales & Client Development Specialist (“SCDS”) handles all aspects of the client experience with a focus on customer acquisition, satisfaction, project management, and client retention. The SCDS acts as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, building relationships with clients and managing customer communications. This position assists with the acquisition of new clients and works with new and existing clients to assess their business needs and collaborates with key stakeholders to plan the scope of each project and related milestones. The SCDS monitors projects for success and/or delays. In this role, the SCDS maintains continual communication with clients apprising them of project-related updates. The SDCS also maintains existing client relationships in order ensure repeat business and interfaces with new clients to successfully onboard them into Company platforms. Lastly, this position is responsible for professionally fielding customer complaints and addressing concerns in a timely manner with a focus on both Company and client needs.
- Collaborate with Senior Sales & Business Development Director (“Sales Director”) to execute on sales plan to generate revenue based on Company financial objectives.
- Acquire qualified sales leads and work with Sales Director to close new business deals.
- Ensure contracts are finalized with timeliness and accuracy.
- Interface with new clients to successfully onboard.
- Ensure agreement terms meet client and Company standards and guidelines.
- Balance client and Company business needs to ensure customer satisfaction and business profitability.
- Act as bridge between Operations and Sales teams, including:
- Engage with client to determine business needs.
- Assess scope of project and related milestones.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee broad group of clients.
- Manage varied project groups.
- Maintain stability of projects.
- Monitor project success and maintain continual client communications.
- Build client relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Adjust customer expectations regarding project timelines and milestone completions.
- Track appropriate KPIs with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or legal field preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a customer focused/service position.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales prospecting techniques like cold calling, cold emailing and social outreach.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written).
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Skilled in diplomacy to balance the needs and requests of multiple internal and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- Experience in a claims processing company a plus.
- Legal experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Sales Outreach/Prospecting Skills
- Project Management
- Information Technology
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position may require evening and/or weekend work. As this is a client-interfacing role, maintaining a professional appearance is required while representing the Company.
Work will require occasional overnight and local travel.