Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- A relentless pursuit of coffee perfection.
- A dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
- A commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people.
The Staff Accountant performs general bookkeeping duties and maintains financial reports and general ledgers. This role is also responsible for managing accounts receivable and accounts payable. The Staff Accountant will be trained to assist with sales tax reporting, expense report processing, month-end close and account reconciliation processes.
- Invoice Sales Orders
- Lockbox entry
- Post all AR related bank entries
- Credits and adjustments processing
- Grocery AR / Chargeback Processing
- Complete all AR cases in Zoho CRM
- Complete Vendor Credit Applications
- Manage billing inbox
- Enter and file invoices
- Send Payments
- Print checks
- Assist with reviewing and approving AMEX, Mileage & Reimbursable Expense reports for policy compliance
- AMEX Reconciliation, assist Senior Staff Accountant
- Record AMEX Journal Entry & reconcile related accounts
Equipment Purchases & Parts Sales:
- Apply, invoice & reconcile related customer deposits for equipment
- Process payment fulfill & invoice tech part sales orders
Sales Tax Processing:
- Help ensure State Sales Tax Reporting compliance
- Help provide required information for and review sales tax audits
Financial Reporting & Analysis:
- Assist with month-end close process
- Prepare Grocery AR / Chargeback Processing reports
- Help prepare weekly financial reports
- Help analyze financial performance
- Raise any identified financial issues to the Controller and/or CFO
- Maintain an orderly electronic filing system
- Mail as required
- Check Deposits as required
Physical Activities of Job:
- Climbing, reaching, repetitive motion.
- Picking, pinching, typing or with fingers, grasping.
- Communication: ability to speak and hear colleagues, customers, vendors, etc.
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Visual acuity: must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading; determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Atmospheric conditions: worker is subject to atmosphere conditions that affect the respiratory system of the body: odors from coffee roasting.
- Must fit our company values be positive, inspiring, thoughtful, thorough and questions the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least two years’ experience in accounting or a related field
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient in using accounting software, experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Must be able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, vendors, customers and others.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and be able to drive a company vehicle.
All interested applicants MUST complete the Culture Index Survey to be considered for an interview. Please complete the survey here:
- Learn and be able to perform core functions of the role with minimal supervision.
- Document processes for each key function (prioritized list will be provided).
- Complete Counter Culture orientation.
- Be able to articulate Counter Culture’s values and focus.
- Be familiar with the Counter Culture “Operating System.”
- Be able to complete all duties outlined in the job description.
Benefits: Currently, the offered benefits include: group health (medical, dental and vision), available the first of the month after 30 days of employment; Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k) program; paid time off; six company holidays.