Recruitment Period: 07/24/19 - Until Filled
Status: Part Time, 24 hours/week (.6 FTE)
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Responsible for administrative and clerical duties necessary to run a development office efficiently. Serves as an information coordinator for the office, including University Development constituent relationship management system (CRM) functions, scheduling meetings, appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and managing projects. Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Development Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the office primarily serving the Chief Development Officer and the Advancement Services Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide consistent quality customer service to all persons
• Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures. Develop systems and processes to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness in the Development Office
• Support activities in the areas of research and prospect management, CRM data entry (Raiser’s Edge, NXT), gift processing, constituent records, reporting and documentation
• Prepare reports, letters, and other documentation utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized database and/or presentation software
• Assist development staff with event activities and support
• Attend meetings in order to record minutes. Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings
• Manage internal and external communications with appropriate associates pertinent to the development office
• Assist to manage and maintain CDO schedules, expense reports as well as manage travel arrangements
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Five years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
• Preferred: Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database experience and knowledge
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date.
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
For information about life in Yakima visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.