Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time teacher for 9th grade Biology and 7th-8th grade science. Teachers are responsible for the education of their students. They are expected to demonstrate high moral character and have mastery of the subjects they teach. Teachers will work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to the school’s mission and the principles of classical education.
- Develop the intellect and character of every student.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from fully accredited college required
- Valid teaching certification in Georgia is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in classical education is preferred, but not required
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school located in Kennesaw, GA. for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”