Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time P.E. teacher. Teachers are responsible for the education of their students. They are expected to demonstrate high moral character and have mastery of the subjects they teach. Teachers will work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creates physical education curriculum with an emphasis on effort and attitude
- Plans physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes and social skills
- Coordinates individual and team sports for students
- Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games, such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball
- Coordinates individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed and prescribed movements, applying knowledge of sports, physiology, and corrective techniques
- May select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies used in physical education program.
- May specialize in coordinating specific sport, such as tennis, swimming, or basketball.
- Assists in the evaluation of the wellness policy implementation
- Assists with supervision of students in playground
- Uses positive, effective interpersonal communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality concerning education, health and personal information about students
- Follows school policies and procedures for protecting health, safety and well-being of children and youth
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from fully accredited college required
- Valid teaching certification in Georgia is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in classical education is preferred, but not required
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school located in Kennesaw, GA. for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”