Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, drive and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared on a daily basis. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
The Staff Accountant (Remote) is primarily responsible for maintaining our financial records and completing assigned special financial projects. Own full cycle accounting and ensure all processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period are followed and consistent.
- Assist with preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department Leaders.
- Analyze and verify information from Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Assist with documentation management of company’s credit card accounts.
- Serve as inter-department liaison to ensure all departments provide the necessary financial information to comply with Accounting Standards such as ASC-606 Revenue Standard and ASC-350 Capitalized-Costs Standard.
- Compile and analyze information from accounting, payroll, HRIS, business intelligence, and company operating systems.
- Developing insights into business financial performance.
- Regularly reconcile bank and credit card statements, track fixed assets, and assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Partner with the Director of Finance in preparing for the company’s annual financial audit, compiling information for Federal taxes, and preparing state and local tax returns.
- Assist with analyzing current accounts payable and purchasing procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement a procurement system.
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by preparing Company analyses and schedules and reviewing financial information of counter-parties.
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required.
- Sage-Intacct Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of professional accounting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of mid-market accounting systems such as Sage Intacct
- General Ledger account reconciliation experience
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and business analysis skills
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to solve problems, dig into data, and prepare detailed analysis.
- Working on cross-functional teams and promoting collaborative partnerships to drive results.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with various audiences/levels including leadership through various mediums.
- Ability to take a complex financial issue, deconstruct it, and develop a cogent presentation of data, issues, and options for discussion with senior managers.
- Thorough understanding of and willingness to learn about) business operations and processes especially in a technology company environment.
- High-level of confidence, integrity, enthusiasm, and executive presence
- Comfortable working with complex data sets and queries
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands, manage workload and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision in a remote environment.
- Strong MS Office, web conferencing and internal communication software experience.
- Detail oriented and organized.
What’s in it for You? Rewards and Perks
We believe in providing a suite of benefits that ensure our employees know we appreciate them as people first. Skillable wants to be a company that promotes physical, emotional and all around well-being through our benefit offerings! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Fully remote with a monthly stipend to pay for office services and supplies
- Medical (2 plan options), dental (2 plan options), vision, health savings account with generous employer contributions, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, EAP, group paid life insurance, group paid STD and LTD and voluntary life/AD&D insurance, accident and critical illness options.
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, healthy lifestyle reimbursements.
- Open PTO, Paid holidays, bereavement leave, parental leave, caregiver leave and paid FMLA leave.
- Friends and Family Friday to end our standard workweek at 2pm local time; Full company closure during the 4th of July holiday week.
- Access to pet insurance; Access for employees and dependents to Skillable learning opportunities through our product and more!
Skillable can only hire potential candidates with a primary residence in the following States: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, MO, NC, ND, NY, OH, OK, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI
The job conditions for this position are in a remote home office setting, requiring a space that supports privacy and focus to attend to regular and frequent video and voice calls. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Travel is not anticipated. No lifting required, ability to sit for long periods of time.